Kanga Sue, close to your skin, closer to your heart.
Hold your little one close with a unique range of tops designed for skin to skin time with your newborn.
The Kanga Sue top is designed to be worn as a top for hands-free skin to skin time whilst seated, not as a hands-free baby carrier
To maximise your use of the Kanga Sue top, wear it whilst reclining on your bed or couch. This allows you to be hands free, without restricting your movements, creating a perfect time to enjoy all the benefits of skin to skin contact with your baby. You could even sip on a warm cuppa, catch up on reading your book, replying to emails or watching your favourite series.
Also a beautiful top to wear during pregnancy!
Why is skin-to-skin contact important?
There is a growing body of evidence that skin-to-skin contact after the birth helps babies and their mothers in many ways.
- Calms and relaxes both mother and baby
- Regulates the baby’s heart rate and breathing, helping them to better adapt to life outside the womb
- Stimulates digestion and an interest in feeding
- Regulates temperature
- Enables colonisation of the baby’s skin with the mother’s friendly bacteria, thus providing protection against infection
- Stimulates the release of hormones to support breastfeeding and mothering.
Additional benefits for babies in the neonatal unit
- Improves oxygen saturation
- Reduces cortisol (stress) levels particularly following painful procedures
- Encourages pre-feeding behaviour
- Assists with growth
- May reduce hospital stay
- If the mother expresses following a period of skin-to-skin contact, her milk volume will improve and the milk expressed will contain the most up-to-date antibodies. ( unicef.org.uk)
Made from cotton Lycra
Gentle wash at 30 degrees
Wash dark colours separately
Low heat tumble dry
Recommended by midwives
Soft stretch cotton - gentle on mom & baby’s skin
Designed for skin to skin kangaroo care
Suitable from birth to 6kg / 3 months
Hand wash in cool water and lay flat to dry. Do not iron or tumble dry.
Cotton Lycra Stretch Fabric
Model is wearing a size small (32)
Our sizing is based on South African standards.
We advise you to select your pre-pregnancy size.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING is available on a quote basis. Please send us a direct mail with your wishlist and delivery details to email@example.com for a shipping quote.